Identification points are extremely important, whether it’s in a person, a company or a thing. People are identified by their Id cards while companies are identified by their brand logos. And what does an electricity or water provider use to identify its users? Simple, a unique Consumer number!
If you were recently trying to do your water bill payment, you know that one of the few things you need is the Consumer Number. So, if you’re wondering what exactly is a Consumer Bill and why you need it, read ahead and you’ll know.
What Is A Consumer Number In Water Bills?
When trying to pay water bill online, you might have come across the term “Consumer Number”. This Consumer Number is nothing but your identification number. It is usually a unique all-numeric or an alphanumeric combination that is distinct for every user.
This could be a 10-digit combination or even a 9 or 11-digit one. This unique combination is allocated to each user who has enrolled for water supply in any of the billers throughout the country. And it is one of the most important things you need while paying your water bill online.
Why Is Consumer Number important?
Whether you plan to do your water bill payment online, or simply check and/or download a soft copy of the bill, you will need the unique Consumer Number provided by your supplier. This unique number can be found on the hard copy of your water bill, exactly where the other Consumer details or billing details are written.
So, the next time you sit down to do your water bill payment online, remember to keep a few things handy, such as the unique Consumer Number, the hard copy of your last water bill and good WiFi.
How To Pay Water Bills Online?
Now that we’ve reinstated the importance of a Consumer Number let’s move ahead and talk about how you’ll pay your bills online via payment apps and websites. We prefer doing our water bill payment either via the Airtel Payments website or the Airtel Thanks app. Here’s how I did it:
Water Bill Payment via The Airtel Payments Bank website:
- Go to https://www.airtel.in/bank/ and log in.
- Click on More and select the ‘Water’ icon.
- Now select the name of your biller.
- Enter your unique Consumer Number/Service Number.
- Now, click on Proceed and follow the subsequent steps to complete your payment.
Water Bill Payment via The Airtel Thanks App:
- Download and open the Airtel Thanks app from your play store or app store.
- Now, log in to your Airtel Thanks App.
- Click on the ‘Pay Bills’ icon and choose the ‘Water’ option from the multiple options given,
- Select the name of your operator/biller.
- Enter your Service Number aka your unique Consumer Number.
- Now, click on ‘Pay Now’ and complete the payment process.
That’s it! That’s all you have to do to pay your water bills online via the Airtel Payments Bank website and the Airtel Thanks app. You can also use similar steps to pay your bills via any other payment portal as well.