In recent times, Shared Hosting in India has become popular due to its affordability and efficient flexibility, allowing users to upgrade and downgrade their plans when necessary.
If you are new to the Shared Hosting concept, this blog will help you understand the basics before you decide to buy a hosting service for your requirements afterwards.
If you want to buy a Shared Hosting service, you can easily do it from many available shared Web Hosting Companies in India.
What is Shared Hosting?
Shared Hosting is a popular web hosting service that hosts multiple websites on the same server. As a result, all the websites hosted on it share the same resources, including server disk space, CPU, and memory.
Here. the web hosting provider handles the server, including its maintenance, management, and resource allocation.
For instance, Linux Shared Hosting is a web hosting service that hosts multiple websites on a server operating on the Linux operating system.
The Working of Shared Hosting?
The working principle of Shared Hosting is simple. Users who select and register for this plan get a control panel to manage their websites.
The control panels are simple to use, and their user interface helps users easily navigate through all the tools and use the features effectively. The panels are equipped with all the tools for uploading user files, creating email accounts, and installing software.
Advantages of Shared Hosting
- Shared Hosting is affordable for users as the maintenance cost is distributed between multiple websites hosted on the same server.
- The tool is straightforward; users can easily manage their websites from the intuitive dashboard.
- Mostly, Shared Hosting plans are easily scalable, allowing users to upgrade or downgrade plans according to their needs.
Disadvantages of Shared Hosting
- As the resources are shared among all the hosted servers in Shared Hosting, when you require more resources, you have to pay an extra fee to upgrade plans. Also, if you require fewer resources, you can downgrade your plans.
- Since the server is shared with other websites, there is a risk that if one website is compromised, it might also affect other websites.
- The availability of customisation options is less to achieve the highest level of performance for your website.
- If any website on the shared server experiences sudden high traffic or uses too many resources, it can cause the server to slow down or crash.
Who Is Shared Hosting Suitable For?
- Shared Hosting is a budget-friendly option for small to medium-sized businesses.
- It is an excellent option for individuals who want to create a personal website or blog.
- Further, it is a popular choice for non-profit organisations to have an online presence and promote their cause.
Which Shared Hosting to Choose?
Shared Hosting is a cost-effective solution for businesses, personal websites, and non-profit organisations.
Consider different Shared Hosting plans, such as disk space, bandwidth, email accounts, control panel, technical support, and one-click installs. By doing so, you can ensure that you select a plan that best meets your website’s needs and budget.